Monday, July 18, 2011

second thoughts.....and hair challenges

Ok so I have been hearing bad reviews about jamacian black castor oil.....alot of shedding. so I am a bit scared now. However I have heard that blending it with other oils helps alot. So my plan is to use (in my 4 oz applicator bottle) half JBCO and the other half jojoba oil, olive oil and vatika coconut oil. My main theory is just to blend this oil into my products instead of using it alone and see how this works. In the future I may use a more concentrated version out. I am going to add the JBCO to my deep conditioner which will be homemade (another blog on that), with the castor oil mix, and in my shea butter mix (also soon to make). I am not sure whether or not I should use it in my green house effect/pre-pooing. I am hesitant about this mainly because one of the ladies from real queens started off using it and experienced alot of shedding and ultimately does not support it. She now used EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and uses the ghe (green house effect) daily. She has had a crazy amount of growth. Soooo I am just not sure. Others have used JBCO with great results. I think I will try the jbco about 3 times a week. just see how it goes. If I experience any unusual shedding i will switch to evoo. jbco acts as a toxin so the theory is that the shedding is necessary....If anything I need thickness not thinning. But we will see. I am going to start using the castor oil mix as soon as I get the jbco in the mail. I will start with the deep co and shea butter when the twists are out. I am only leaving them in for a month...so about the first weekend in august. I am so eager to get my hair growing and interested in trying these new methods on my hair journey and seeing which work best on my hair.  I will document these challenges and report any progess. ttyl!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment