Friday, July 8, 2011

first Vegetable glycerin spritz!

1/2 cup of water and 1/8 cup (or 5/8 cup)
3/8 cups of vegetable glycerin
1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
2 drops of essential oils (Wyndnere-insect repellent contains: lavendar, peppermint, citronella, lemongrass,thyme, an cedarwood)



I use this 'insect repellent' labeled essential oil because it has several of the essential oils I like. Also the citronella keeps bugs away lol. I only use this particular insect repellent kind in the summer. In the winter there is really no need. 

I watched a youtube video that explained 3 tbs of glycerin to 5 tbs of water. I doubled this recipe because I have a bigger water bottle. You simply add the ingredients together in the bottle and that's it. I am excited to use it. I got the vegetable glycerin from a health food store. I am going to see how this consistency works and consider adding a bit more glycerin later.

1 comment: