Friday, July 1, 2011

Hair Update #2

you can buy flax seed get if you cant make it

Jane Carter nourish and shine

homemade flaxseed gel


sheamoisture leave-in conditioner

new hairband 

So I did a braid out the other day. I co-wash my hair and used my sheamoisture leave-in conditioner. Then put in 8 or 9 cornrows straight back. I used my Jane Carter nourish and shine shea butter and homemade flax seed gel. I left it in all yesterday and took it out this morning. It is pretty cute. This is my 'waiting' hair style while i'm waiting for my zat twist which i am ordering TODAY! lol. Im excited. pictures to come :)

Also Did a little girls hair yesterday from Ethiopia. She is adopted by white parents into a family of 12! her two brothers were adopted with her. Several other of her siblings are adopted from various places such as Guatemala and China. As unique and awesome as this family is, I do not want this young girl to forget her roots and culture. She has gorgeous long hair but it was extremely matted at the ends and very hard. She is wearing ponytails with the poof out in the summer like a white girl and that is causing damage to the ends. I hope to help her as well as other adoptive families in my upcoming hair workshop to understand and appreciate black hair. I find white mothers are often scared of it as it can be intimidating, this often leads to a perm which will more likely than not damage their hair. In an urban environment where there are many professionals trained in handling black hair a girls hair may grow very long and beautiful with a perm, but out here there is very little available for black hair. The up keep necessary for a perm is much more challenging. Until next time!




Hair mood: refreshed :)

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!! Like the ghetto commercials in Bmore say "Tell 'em sugah, tell 'em!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. if this was facebook id like your comment lol

    ReplyDelete