Monday, July 25, 2011

Proper care for braids

So, I came across a girl who helped me with some basic knowledge about hair care during braids I wasn't aware of. Since I tend to lean toward braids..mostly because they are easier to manage..properly caring for my hair while it is braided is important. I am hoping that following her tips I will have much more successful results after taking out my twist as far as retaining length/preventing breakage. It is kind of self defeating if you put your hair in a protective style and then you dont take care of it and it ends up thinning or breaking. 

One thing I am going to stop doing is microbraids. The girl talked about how the smaller the braid the worse it is for your hair. I dont think my hair suffered too much from the micros however my goal is to stop putting alot of  stress on my hair all together....so micros im going to at least take a break from. I put the link below. She has really thick long hair. 

So today I started with her suggestions. However the water I used was mixed with vegetable glycerin and my hair was really stick between that and the JBCO mix. I actually like the smell of the JBCO in a weird way. Its very earthy. anyway....I bought another spray bottle just for a water and oils  mix. The glycerin spray I have to use more sparingly (or us a smaller glycerin to water ration). It tends to be sticky. 

Ok guys here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Torridiana777#p/u/26/URxkmmO0LwQ

http://www.youtube.com/user/Torridiana777#p/u/25/jb-ddXyydOs

http://www.youtube.com/user/Torridiana777#p/u/24/KTHTRfHZG4A

No comments:

Post a Comment