Monday, September 12, 2011

pre-poo options

Ok
I did a little accidental research and found several options for pre-pooing. I will try each one and give reviews on my youtube channel of how each one turned out. (thesistership1315). So all the combinations I will try are as follows:


1. castor oil and water
2. honey and Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
3. honey (coconut oil hair rinse:between shampoo and conditioner)
4. safflower oil
5. coconut oil, jojoba, and a cheap cholesterol conditioner
6. Coconut oil and EVOO
7. aloe vera gel and any oil
8. recipe I found-
1/4 cup raw wild honey
1/4 cup organic molasses (optional)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup raw sugar (raw is important as is still has molasses and is not bleached like white sugar)
1/4 cornstarch
1/4 cup lemon extract (or you can use fresh squeezed lemon if need be)
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
10-12 drops of your favorite essential oil; i use rosemary and tea tree



Another thing I learned which I didn't realize is that you shouldn't heat up your coconut oil in the microwave because it messes up the properties in the oil. Instead you should boil water and put your bowl of oil in the hot water until it melts. 


p.s. a family at our church have relatives who own a honey farm....which means i get free honey every time I need some. Also met a girl who had a huge tub of tea tree oil she didnt need. my point? take advantage of little connections like this ladies! it saves money :)


Benefits of pre-shampooing?:
help protect our hair from the harsh shampooing process and conditions hair








No comments:

Post a Comment