Friday, September 9, 2011

6 month hair challenge breakdown!

Ok I am prepping for my 6 month challenge. Again my challenge is to wear my hair out for 6 months, no braids or afros.


However.....I left my self a little crutch. I will be wearing crochet braids for 2 of the six months (Dec and Feb). I chose this style because I have never worn them before, and more importantly my hair grows the fastest with cornrows and my natural hair, also importantly it gets realllllly cold in South Dakota in the winter and the weave will keep my head warm lol. This style allows my hair to stay in cornrows while still having the look of a weave minus all the pulling and tightness of a sew-in. I am trying them out on my mom this weekend and am excited to see the results! pics to come on that. 

So my regiment that I plan on as of now goes as follows: (mind you I am trying my hardest to keep it simple)
Fridays: Pre-poo/Hot oil treatment- will leave this in overnight using a combination of EVOO or coconut oil and rosemary oil
Saturday mornings:
Shampoo (or co-wash)-Spanish Sur-Gro shampoo
condition-Yes to Cucumbers 
deep condition- homemade DC
style- will alternate each month between kinky curly curling custard, two strand twist, and crotchet braiding*. I cant wear two strand twist for 6 months straight I would go crazy lol. 

* with the crotchet braids I plan to buy human hair and still co-wash my hair once a week and oil my scalp with the castor oil mix through out the week. 

I will also try to trim more often as my hair seems to do much better when its trimmed. 


Other products I will use: shea butter mix-homemade, vegetable glycerin spray, flaxseed gel, my castor oil mix, carrier oils, essential oils, Castor oil (or JBCO)

I will not be using any heat on my hair until the day after my 6 month mark March 30th. 


My mom recently bought me a book on hair care, there are tons of homemade recipes in their and I will be trying some of them out and making vlogs on the results.

Subscribe to my youtube channel (thesistership1315) to follow along in my progress. This schedule is not like set in stone, I make deviate from the path a little, but this is the overall plan. I am not good at sticking to projects for a long period of time so this should be interesting and im so excited! I will be starting next friday. Long, healthy hair here I come! 

http://www.youtube.com/thesistership1315 


Comment, Rate, Subscribe!!!


my new shampoo:
my conditioner:





No comments:

Post a Comment