Saturday, August 13, 2011

Homemade Deep Conditioner (wash day)

Today I took out my zat twist. I 'pre-pooed' with EVOO and a little coconut oil on on the ends. Then, I used Garner Fructis shampoo (because thats what all the ladies in the house use together, not because I personally like it so much for my hair), Yes to Cucumber conditioner-first time use, and my homemade deep conditioner. Forgot to take pics of what it looked like. But it looked like any deep conditioner...the consistency was that of a regular conditioner (not deep conditioner)

I used the Yes to cucumbers conditioner as my base. Along with an Olive Oil deep penetrating conditioner $1.50 packet.

so overall-mind you these are pretty loose measurements:
1 cup of conditioner
1 Tbs honey
2 Tbs Extra virgin olive oil
1-2 Tsp: vegetable glycerin, Vatika coconut oil, Jamacian Black Castor Oil, Vitamen E oil, Aloe vera gel
3 drops essential oils
a sprinkle of cinnamon (because I just took my braids out and cinnamon helps with thinning and balding)

I will leave this in for two hours with a plastic cap and towel over the cap to retain the heat. Finished results will be posted soon!

When I figure out what I need more or less of I will perfect this recipe. Ultimately I would say I would definitely use more (2 tsp) of the Coconut oil, JBCO, and vegetable glycerin and less (1 tsp) of the Vitamen E oil, and Aloe vera gel.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting! I make some of my own products, I am big on natural therapies..I did not know that about the cinnamon though, thanks for the info.

    http://untrainedhairmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem. :) I use just the ground cinnamon. Some people I have heard use the oil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am about to do an DT today, and I use alot of those elements.

    India @ afro-indy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete